Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy New Year All...

So it's a weekend full of celebrations. First off the Opening Cermonies have finally come... to be completely honest based on what I saw on TV it didn't compare to being there. A pity because even during the dress rehersal it was a magical experience. I do have one complaint though... the national anthem... don't get me wrong, the singer is really cute, and a very good singer, but a stylized national anthem?!? I mean how american is that?!? Blahhhhhhh

On another note Gong Hei Fat Choi... yep it's Chinese New Year. I was able to go down to Chinatown today and it was quite the atmosphere!
Anyways have a one day break just made a psuedo traditional Chineses meal and about to crash. Another shift tomorrow... I have to say things are much busier now that things have started but some minor annoyances which I will get to in due time in a blog. Until then...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Ben for another amazingly delicious dinner on Saturday. Happy Chinese New Years.

    We love having you stay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ben, Mike and I coming to Vancouver for the Olympics the last weekend in Feb. Hopefully we can meetup.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Text me when you get here and we'll see. I have a shift on the Sunday so I'm only available in the AM... but it may mean that I have an extra closing ceremony ticket!

    ReplyDelete