Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's over... it's all over... just about...

Well my last shift is over.  It was a bittersweet moment... I had a chance to work with some great people, some not so great ones, and some really annoying ones (I probably fall into this category)... but still I find an emptiness creeping over.  There was a time when it seem the day would never come, when the madness would start, and then when it did, it seemed like it would never end... and yet I find myself wishing now that it wasn't over.  I met cops from around the country, IOC members from around the world, Russian ballerinas, and members of the Moscow Choir... but the ones I'll treasure the most are the volunteers.  From moments of mindless boredom to moments of purest elation, we shared it all.  It seems weird not being at a competition venue to be able to say that, but in a way being away from it all and the boredom that came with it forced us to come up with different ways to amuse ourselves, and in the end they were the people I celebrated with when Crosby scored that game winning goal.  So as part of my last posts some of the pics of the volunteers I worked with (I apologize in advance because I know I forgot at least one person's name because I was only on shift with them once)

Kelly, Marianne and Cathy

Watching the opening ceremony in the accreditation center

Courtney and Derek

Cathy, Me, Nancy, Martine and Ray

Martine, Jason, Ray and myself at a quarterfinal game

Can't remember... Ray, John... (yes me and John Furlong are on a first name basis :)) and Lyne

Meghan and Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment